J. Matthew “Matt” Waters Associate
Mr. Waters is an Associate with the Firm and a member of the Firm’s Litigation Section. Mr. Waters joined the firm after making a lateral move from a North Carolina real estate litigation firm where he primarily represented and defended other real estate practitioners in real estate malpractice actions. Mr. Waters has a general civil litigation practice with the firm, with a particular emphasis in real property disputes. He also frequently represents clients in the areas of construction law, commercial landlord/tenant law, and community association law. Mr. Waters has extensive experience representing community associations in foreclosure actions in counties throughout North Carolina.
While in law school, Mr. Waters was the Symposium Editor for the Campbell Law Review and a Regional Champion in the 2007-2008 National Appellate Advocacy Competition in Washington, D.C.
- North Carolina State Courts
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle, and Western Divisions of North Carolina
- United States Bankruptcy Court, Eastern, Middle, and Western Divisions of North Carolina
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property and Construction Law Divisions
- B.A. University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2004
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina, 2009