Joseph E. Wall
Areas Of Practice
- Litigation in All State and Federal Courts
- Insurance Law
- Legislative Representation
- Municipal Law
Mr. Wall primarily practices in the areas of insurance defense and trucking litigation as well as association management. Mr. Wall served in the United States Army from 1969-1971.
- North Carolina
- United States District Court, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Court-Ordered Mediation: Is the Program Working? March/April, 1996, issue of “North Carolina Lawyer,” a publication of the North Carolina Bar Association
- US District Court Judge Issues Opinion on Interstate Trucking Companies. Fall, 1998, issue of “The Defender,” the newsletter of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- Federal Court Rejects Plaintiff’s Attempt to Use MCS-90 to Increase an Insurance Company’s Policy Limits. Winter, 1999, issue of “In Transit,” the newsletter of the DRI Trucking Law Committee
- In Deciding Estate of Mullis v. Monroe Oil Co. et al., Did the N.C. Supreme Court Answer a Question That Was Not Asked? Winter 1999 issue of “The Defender,” the newsletter of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys
- The Insurer’s Duty to Defend, Naddeo, and the Death of the Insurer’s Right to Assert Policy Defenses. February, 2001, issue of “The Defender,” the newsletter of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys.
- “Assessable Costs” in Civil Actions. Published in the January, 2002, issue of “The Campbell Law Observer,” the newsletter of the Campbell University Law School, as well as in several other legal publications.
- “Experts on Speed.” December 17, 2007, issue of “North Carolina Lawyers Weekly,” and the Winter 2007 quarterly edition of the North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys’ publication “The Defender.”
- Mr. Wall holds the highest rating given by Martindale-Hubbell, the nationally recognized legal directory.
- B.A. Duke University
Durham, North Carolina, 1967
- J.D. University of North Carolina
Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 1972
- North Carolina Law Review
Holderness Moot Court Bench