Nute Thompson Associate
Nute is an associate in the firm and practices primarily in the litigation section. He handles a variety of litigation matters including community associations, construction law, and commercial disputes. Prior to law school, Nute worked as a legislative aide in the North Carolina General Assembly where he aided in the drafting and enacting of a wide variety of legislation.
While in law school, Nute was an inaugural member of the Startup NC Law Clinic. As a third-year student, he represented startups, entrepreneurs, and small businesses in a variety of corporate and transactional legal issues. Additionally, Nute participated as a competing member of the school’s ABA National Negotiations team as well as served as an editor for the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal.
A native of Jackson County, North Carolina, he enjoys returning to the mountains when he can to hike and fish.
- North Carolina State Courts
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association
- Member, NCBA Young Lawyers Division, Law Student Outreach Committee
- Publications: T. Nute Thompson, Merger, huh, What is it Good for: The Impact of Credit Union Mergers, 23 N.C. Banking Inst. 379 (March 2019)
- B.A., North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina (Magna Cum Laude), 2016
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2020
- Article & Notes Editor, North Carolina Banking Institute Journal, Vol. 24 (2019)
- Negotiations Team, Competing Member (2018-2020)