Nute Thompson Associate
Nute is an associate of the firm who focuses his practice primarily in the litigation section. His experience includes representing clients in general business litigation specifically including real property disputes, contract disputes, and construction related matters.
Nute received his law degree from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he was an inaugural member of the Startup NC Law Clinic. As a third-year student, he represented startups, entrepreneurs, and small businesses in a variety of corporate and transaction legal issues. Additionally, Nute participated as a competing member of the school’s ABA National Negotiations team as well as served as an editor for the North Carolina Banking Institute Journal.
Prior to law school, Nute worked as a legislative aide in the North Carolina General Assembly where he assisted in the drafting and enacting of a wide variety of legislation.
In addition to his legal practice, Nute appreciates coaching little league baseball and spends his free time traveling. As a native of Jackson County, he also enjoys returning to the mountains to hike and fish.
Nute is licensed to practice in both North and South Carolina.
- North Carolina State Courts
- South Carolina State Courts
Professional and Community Activities:
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Member, North Carolina State Bar Association
- Member, NCBA Young Lawyers Division, Law Student Outreach Committee
- Publications: T. Nute Thompson, Merger, huh, What is it Good for: The Impact of Credit Union Mergers, 23 N.C. Banking Inst. 379 (March 2019)
- B.A., North Carolina State University, Raleigh, North Carolina (Magna Cum Laude), 2016
- J.D., University of North Carolina School of Law, Chapel Hill, North Carolina, 2020
- Article & Notes Editor, North Carolina Banking Institute Journal, Vol. 24 (2019)
- Negotiations Team, Competing Member (2018-2020)