Margaret concentrates her practice on estate planning and estate and trust administration. She works with individuals and families to develop estate plans tailored to achieve their personal and financial goals. Margaret advises closely-held business owners on succession and wealth transfer planning and has been active in assisting families with multi-generational tax planning. She prepares all components of a complete basic estate plan, including wills, revocable trusts, durable powers of attorney, health care powers of attorney and living wills, and prepares a variety of irrevocable trusts designed to achieve more complex planning goals. Margaret also prepares gift and estate tax returns and assists clients in the administration of trusts and decedent’s estates.
- North Carolina
- United States District Court, Eastern, Middle, and Western District of North Carolina
- North Carolina Bar Association—Sections, Estate Planning & Fiduciary Law and Elder & Special Needs Law
- Wake County Community Foundation (board member)
- Wake County Estate Planning Council
- J.D., University of Virginia School of Law, 1994
- B.A., with honors, University of Virginia, 1991. Phi Beta Kappa; Waggenheim Memorial Scholarship