Abby is an associate of the firm who focuses her practice in Commercial Real Estate, primarily representing developers and financial institutions in the purchase, sale, financing, and development of commercial and mixed-use property. Her experience includes land acquisition and disposition for major retailers, municipalities, developers, and home builders; site plan, title, and survey review and advisement; and drafting and negotiating contracts and loan documents.
Prior to law school, Abby obtained a paralegal certification and worked as a Real Estate Title Paralegal at Battle, Winslow, Scott & Wiley in her hometown of Rocky Mount, NC. Abby’s time at Battle Winslow inspired her to become an attorney. During law school, Abby was active in Student Recruitment, the Peer Mentorship Program, and the Women in Law Organization, but spent much of her time outside of the classroom working at a local commercial real estate firm. Prior to joining the firm, Abby worked as a Commercial Real Estate Attorney representing national home builders and retailers in the acquisition and development of land.
Outside of work, Abby enjoys spending time outdoors with her husband, son, and dog. Abby enjoys jogging, baking, puzzles, and spending quality time with her family.
Professional and Community Memberships and Organizations:
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association and Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Member, Wake County Real Property Lawyers Association
- Member, Church on Morgan
- Member, South Carolina Bar Association
- North Carolina State Courts
- South Carolina State Courts
- B.S., Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology, East Carolina University, 2009
- J.D., Campbell University Norman Adrian Wiggins School of Law, 2019