Mollie is an associate with the Firm who practices in the Firm’s real property, construction, real estate development, and community association law sections. Her primary practice is community association law, including drafting, interpreting, amending, and enforcing governing documents, serving as a parliamentarian for meetings, and assisting with developer board transitions. She also assists clients with drafting, reviewing, and negotiating various agreements, including easements, leases, and vendor contracts. A large part of Mollie’s practice is now devoted to advising community associations, managers, and developers on day-to-day issues that arise, including those related to corporate governance, operations, management, insurance, recordkeeping, meetings, development and construction, permitting and environmental regulations, as well as liability and risk management.
Before joining the Firm in 2020, Mollie gained a decade of experience as a civil litigation defense attorney defending homeowner associations, individual owners, management companies, developers, general contractors, subcontractors, and insurance companies in various liability actions. She also served as an Assistant Attorney General, representing and advising the highway, ferry, and port divisions of the North Carolina Department of Transportation on land use and environmental matters, including the regulatory process to obtain permits and variances for state projects.
Mollie lives in Raleigh with her husband, Whitt, and their two young children. She is an avid USTA and club tennis player and a proud member of several USTA Capital Area League and State champion teams.
- North Carolina State Courts
- United States District Courts, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of NC
- United States Court of Appeals, Fourth Circuit
Professional/ Community Activities
- Member, Community Association Institute
- Member, White Memorial Presbyterian Church
- Member, North Carolina State Bar and Tenth Judicial District Bar
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association, Real Property Section
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Past Social Chair, Wake County Young Lawyers Division (2010)
- Past Board Member, Meredith College Young Alumnae Board (2014-2016)
- National Institute for Trial Advocacy – Trial Skills Certification (2014)
- Preparer of Revisions to A.M. Best Company – Digest of Insurance Law – North Carolina (2011-2014)
- Presenter, SEPA Reform and Application, North Carolina Section of the Institute of Transportation Engineers, Annual Meeting (2017)
- B.A., Meredith College, Raleigh, North Carolina (cum laude) 2006
- J.D., Campbell University School of Law, Buies Creek, North Carolina (cum laude) 2009